- On cognitive, she scored in the 9th percentile. Essentially operating at a 15 month old level.
- On language, she scored less that the 1st percentile. Operating at a 12 month old level for expression and a nine month old for reception.
- On motor, she scored less that the 1st percentile. For fine motor skills, she is operating as a 13 month old would, for gross motor skills, she operates as an 11 month old would.
- For her social and emotional development, she is considered average with a score at the 25th percentile.
- For her adaptive score (i.e., her ability to be independent, solve problems and self-help), she scored in the 5th percentile. Sleeping, of course, proves the biggest hurdle and her stubbornness makes it challenging to teach her new concepts when she is unwilling to tackle them.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Big Steps and Little Steps
This afternoon I got Avery's psychological assessment from the Perinatal Clinic at the hospital. Routinely given at the 21 month mark, the test evaluates cognitive, language and motor skill development. In addition, it offers some insight as to adaptability and temperament.